A perfect prompt to piggyback off of my friend Lochan’s post for her goals for 2017.
2016 has been a wonderful year for me, following the nightmare that was 2015. I have been blessed with a wonderful, loving partner who I had the great fortune of marrying (in Vegas! My first time there and I had to go and be stereotypical!). He and his family have graciously welcomed me into their home and lives and made me feel welcome beyond belief. I have friends–especially one in particular–who have been there for me through my crazy, seemingly-uncontrollable, whirlwind-of-emotion meltdowns, yet still somehow love me and are more than willing to be there for the next one.
I am an extremely lucky person and I don’t know how to show my gratitude well enough.
Ever heard the saying: “the best revenge is living well”? Would that work for “paying back” the people who have been so good to me? 🙂
My general plan for 2017 is to live well–really well. I want to become a better person in body, mind, and spirit. Here are my three main goals for 2017:
- Continue on my path to physical fitness
- Keep lifting and eating better
- I gotta bite the bullet and do more cardio–indoors is fine but once the weather is warmer, I want to walk and run outside with my husband
- There are apparently a lot of great hiking spots out here and I intend on taking advantage of that
- That also means getting over my hate of the Sun… argh, but it burns! 😦 😆
- I want to be able to run without getting winded after 0.0000001 seconds, which would be a miracle
- Bring myself back onto a spiritual path
- I feel guilty that I’ve been really, really slacking on meditation and yoga practice; as in I haven’t done either seriously in years
- The latter will tie into my physical fitness, but I know the best I ever felt in general was when I was practicing yoga regularly
- Going to start with 3x per week, on rest days from lifting
- Get a better hold of my mental state
- I’ve been sleeping in til 10AM most days which, while comfortably lazy, is not what I want to do or be. I miss waking up at 5-6AM, but more realistically I’d like to wake up at 7-8AM
- I’m going to find a creative outlet for myself; one that brings me closer to my higher self. I’ve yet to decide on/find one, but my mind keeps pushing me towards getting back into drawing… we’ll see
- I’ve been dabbling with the idea of counselling, but I’ll have to see what’s available in my area and finances. Otherwise, I know there are some online services I can take advantage of
- Other-otherwise, I’m going to journal at least twice a week, Monday and Friday, just to clear my head
- Oh! Maybe I can cook/bake more as a creative outlet? 😀 It’ll give me something to post here too! Hmmm… 🙂
I’m really excited for 2017. It’s going to be a year of positive selfishness; of fine tuning who I’ve become (thanks to the love and care of all those who have supported me throughout the years), into the person I’ve always wanted to be. I want to make them proud and show them that their efforts are appreciated and have made a significant impact on another person’s life. I want to make myself proud, and love who I am through and through.
I encourage you to write your own goals for 2017 as well! It’s always great to have people to share it with, and to encourage you to reach for those goals. 🙂
Happy New Years to you all, and may 2017 bring you love, joy, and all the happiness in the world!